Frequently Asked Questions
Returns & Exchanges
How do your shirts fit?
- Like a dream. A tailored, athletic dream with a slight taper, high arm holes, and perfectly positioned shoulders.
What are the measurements for a specific product?
- You can see our size guide here, or on any of our product pages to get a good idea of it.
What materials are your shirts made of?
- Our shirts are typically made of a soft, 100s 2-ply cotton or better, with occasional options having a little satin for a nice sheen, or a little lycra for a comfortable stretch. Your significant other WILL try to steal yours.
Are they non-iron?
- Not at this time. While we like an always-pressed shirt in theory, in practice the chemicals used to make non-iron work are too harmful to the environment for us to use responsibly in manufacturing. Simply hanging them to dry or taking them to the dry cleaners will get you a long way without having to iron yourself, though.
The shirt I want is sold out!
- Sorry – when we say limited-edition we’re not like your ex saying she’s done with you for the last time. We really mean it. But you can always let us know when you want a shirt to come back, and if enough people get together, we might remake it!
Do the shirts come with collar stays?
- Yes, they all come with two removable plastic collar stays already in place, so you look crisp and ready for business all the time. It’s the one case of a stiff neck that you’re gonna want.
How do I wash or care for my shirts?
- Dry clean, or wash cold and tumble low. Check out our full section on shirt care.
What is the status of my order?
- You can always find out the shipping status by checking the confirmation email that comes shortly after it ships. You can login to your Vastros account to check status too. If you’re having trouble tracking your order, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Note: we only ship during business days - so take the weekend off. Orders placed with complimentary shipping take 5-7 business days to arrive.
What if I want to change or cancel my order?
- We’re too fast for our own good - we don’t yet have a system online to support order changes and we fulfil the orders the second we get them. However, you can get us an email or call us during business hours (Monday to Friday, 9AM - 6PM PST) and we might be able to catch it in time.
Even if not, no worries. You can send them back free within 30 days of purchase, and look damn good while you’re thinking about it.
What if my item is damaged, defective, or incorrect?
- There are free returns within 30 days of purchase, so you’re all good in the off chance that there’s something wrong.
What currencies do you accept?
- Currently, we only accept payment in US dollars. Tell your US friends to buy more and we can go international faster :)
How much is shipping?
- How low can you go? We offer free shipping, returns, and exchanges in all 50 states of the USA.
Where do you ship?
- We currently ship to the US only, but let us know where you want us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to expand our options quickly.
How soon will I receive my order?
- All orders placed with complimentary shipping take 5-7 business days to arrive. Expedited shipping takes 1-2 days. We don’t ship on weekends - everybody needs a break, right?
Can I expedite my order?
- When you say “fast” we say “how fast?” Just select priority shipping in your checkout cart and we can get it to you in 1-2 business days. There’s a small shipping fee that covers the rocket we strap to your package to get it out on time.
How do you ship?
- Our complimentary shipping orders are sent via USPS, and expedited orders are shipped with UPS. Note: there’s no expedited option for PO Box addresses.
How do I track my order?
- We send a tracking number in your email which you can use to track your order. You can also sign-in to your Vastros account to view the tracking details for your order.
What’s your return policy?
- If you’re not getting what you expected, you can use the included shipping label to send your shirt right back within 30 days of delivery.
What’s your exchange policy?
- You can exchange your shirt for another within 30 days for free. Though we can’t do automatic exchanges just yet, you can use our return form to get store credit and then place another order.
What if it’s been past 30 days?
- Unfortunately, we don’t offer returns or exchanges past 30 trial period. However, you can use our Donations Program for a 10% discount on your next order.
How do I make a return?
- Just click on the Returns/Exchanges button the main menu of the Help page and enter your order # and email address. Your order # is included in the confirmation emails we send out, so we’re sure you’ve got it somewhere.
How do I make a gift exchange?
- To exchange a shirt you received as a gift, right now you’ll need the order # and email of the person who gave it to you. Doesn’t have to be awkward though! Just tell us the size and style of the new shirt you want, and your address so we can ship to you directly.
What do you do with used shirts that are returned?
- If it’s returned within the 30 day time period, we analyze the product to see if it’s in resellable condition, and if not we donate it. After 30 days, we donate it regardless. No matter what, your old shirt will find a happy home. See details.
How do I pronounce Vastros?
- Vast is like “fast,” with a V, and ros is like “rose.” Rolls off the tongue, no?
I have a great idea for Vastros! What’s the best way to let you know about my genius?
- We were born from collaboration and would be happy to talk with you. Drop us a line at email@example.com or use our contact form, and share the details. Though we don’t always have time to reply to every idea that comes by, we’ll definitely reach back out if interested!
Where are Vastros products made?
- Vastros shirts are made with fabrics sourced from artisans all over the world, and sustainably assembled with care in our studio in India.
Where are you based?
- We are based in San Francisco, California, land of tech startups, beautiful bridges, and massive hills. We bring a little bit of the SF flavor to all our designs, and to our fit, which is perfect for the modern urban guy. This means we’re always available in U.S. business hours if you want to hit us up!
What’s your commitment to sustainability?
- We make our shirts in a responsible, impact-minimizing way to let the environment breathe easy. We avoid using chemicals like those found in non-iron shirts to prevent harmful runoff from our production studio. We source small-batch artisan-crafted fabrics that already exist to construct our limited-run shirts, so no material gets wasted. And at the end, we take any shirts back and give them to charity through our donations program. That’s how we keep the world spinning.
How do you think about designing shirts?
- We draw inspiration from the city around us, from the landscapes of the world, and the daily lifestyle of the modern man. We believe in extra care to details both bold and subtle, which always gives our shirts their extra edge.
Find Your Fit
Our shirts are a consistent, tailored slim fit with chest and sleeves cut closer to the body.
Use our guide to find your perfect fit. Need help? Send us a note at
|Size||Chest Size||Collar/Neck||Sleeve Length||Chest Width|
Caring for your Vastros shirt
Shirts Well Worn
Our shirts can help you get the devil-may-care look, but only if you take care of them first. Each shirt has handcrafted fine details, and it'd be a shame to see them turn into handcrafted lumps of shrunken frayed threads.
For superior results, lasting quality, and a much more relaxed life, we recommend dry cleaning each of your Vastros shirts. You don't even have to break a sweat on these guys and they'll be paying you back for a long time.
Guidelines on washing
If you prefer not to dry clean, most of our cotton shirts can be washed with like colors in cold water, and then tumble dried low. To prevent shrinkage you can hang them on a wooden hanger to air dry instead.
All of our shirts come with collar stays already inside to keep your collar straight and ready for business-casual wear. Make sure to remove the collar stays from your shirt before washing and/or ironing it. If you don't, they are likely to warp with the heat, causing the shirt's collar to curve and give you a kinda psychedelic 70s look.
About Our Donation Program
About Our Charitable Donations
Every month we donate to charities and foundations we think are making a strong impact to the community. Here are the organizations we donate to.
About Our Old Shirt Donations
Where to send my old shirt?
After you've passed the 30 day trial period, you can return any old Vastros shirt using our return form with free shipping back to us, or you can mail the shirt to:
107 Haight St #3
San Francisco, CA 94102
Please be sure to include your original order number and name and email in your package. Once we receive your shirt, we will donate your shirt directly to Goodwill Haight Donation Center (1700 Haight Street San Francisco, CA 94117). What goes around comes around - in a good way.
One shirt at a time
Shirts donated so far!
One date doesn't have to mean marriage. Try your new shirt for 1 month, no threads attached. If you two haven't settled down together by then, return it for a full refund.
How it Works
We like to keep things easy around here. Just follow the steps below to get closer to having the exact wardrobe you want, whether you're exchanging or outright returning.
If you have questions or issues during the process, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out or FAQ page.
|STEP 01||STEP 02||STEP 03|
|Select shirt to return or exchange.||Print emailed return label and send the shirt back to us.||Receive refund within 5-10 working days.|
|Select shirt to return or exchange.|
|Print emailed return label and send the shirt back to us.|
|Receive refund within 5-10 working days.|